Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year!

A Happy New Year to all! Today is football and relaxation before having to go back to work tomorrow. I'm a little bummed that Christmas break is over, but I am sort of looking forward to getting back to work. I love my job and really like the people I work with.

R and I did get the digital camera we've wanted. Finally went out and picked it up today. Got a Nikon D40 which after reading reviews and some helpful advice from Dan turned out to be a great deal on a great camera. I'll probably post some pictures soon.

What is it with people shooting these huge, booming fireworks on New Years? I get the fun of blowing stuff up, but when you're in a neighborhood those cannons are just a nuisance. From about 8:00 until well after midnight we had a steady diet of explosions coming from the house behind ours. The dogs were freaked the whole time. Finally, after we went to bed, the dogs settled down a bit and we got some sleep!

Missed the Winter Challenge for the first time in 10 years this year. Sometimes there are just more important things, like spending time with your good friends and family. R got to go north and spend some time with Karen, Mike and Sue. If you don't know, Mike and Karen are who we got Sweeney and Nellie from and Sue is Carmela's breeder. Mike was diagnosed with brain cancer a couple of weeks ago so we're going to really try to spend time with them and help them as much as we can through this process. I stayed home and chauffeured kids and took care of dogs and enjoyed the rainy days. Got a few things done around the house like hanging bulletin boards and pictures, fixing the leaking water heater line and the such. Basically, except for R being gone, it was an enjoyable few days. I'm bummed to have missed seeing some of our friends at the Winter Challenge, but I'm sure we'll get to see them again soon.

I hope everyone has a wonderful, prosperous and healthy New Year. I hope that this year goes by a little slower than 2007, but I don't have much faith that it will!!

No comments: