Monday, January 05, 2009

The New Year

Happy New Year to you all!

Here are some of my goals for this year
Continue getting fit - I dropped about 30 pounds over the past couple of years... And put about 12 of that back on. It's time to finally finish the work I started back in 2007 and lose the last bit of weight I want.

Improve eating habits - goes along with ^. Not really hard to do, just have to ween myself from a little bit of junk food.

Get more ink - Love the tattoos I have already, but I need to finish the one big piece I have (Sweeney needs some background) and I'd like to get started on a sleeve for the other arm.

Take advantage of more educational opportunities - In general, I'm going to get back to working on my IT degree. More specifically, I'm going to work on my VMware certifications.

Love my family - Pretty easy to do! :)

Smile - I find that I'm a little to serious at times. I just want to loosen up a bit and have a good time!

Back up my data - Um, Yeah. I have 99% of the solution, just need to get it wrapped up and implemented. With all my music converted or bought as mp3's and so many of my photos in jpegs, I'm crazy to walk around with them only on my laptop!

Clean up my music collection - I've got a good bit that needs to be gone through and organized.

Travel - Maybe just a little bit. R and I didn't really take a vacation last year together, so it's something I'd like to do. She wants to see the Grand Canyon again and I wouldn't mind either.

Blog more - Easier said than done, but I'm going to try. I promise! I'm really interested in dogs (of course), concealed carry laws and gun control laws in general, technology and politics. Whew!

Twitter more - micro blogging is cool. If you don't, and you enjoy blogging, check it out!

Stay in touch with friends - For sure. I'm lucky that I've kept really, really good friends since childhood. Just the way it is for us. I see a few on a regular basis, but others not so much. Got to do better.

That's it for now. Maybe if I get to 3/4 of what I have here I'll be doing good. I hope everyone has a great 2009!!!

1 comment:

Never Say Never Greyhounds said...

Love the get more tattoos new year resolution! :-)