Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Is anyone home?

I pretty much suck at blogging. I need to get back to this.

Last weekend was the American Whippet Club National Specialty Field Trials. This year they had AKC and ASFA coursing on the first weekend. I drove up to Richmond, KY Friday evening with Everett to see how he could do and to help out my good friend Steve who was Field Trial Chair for the weekend. It was a busy weekend with lots to do, but also an opportunity to see some really nice running dogs. Everett ran well in Veterans in the AKC trial, placing third, and placing fourth in Field Champions in the ASFA trial Sunday.

Oh, I didn't mention that Everett turns 9 (NINE!) today. Yeah, at nine years old he's still holding his own against the youngsters. He was recovering from an injury that he suffered earlier this year so he wasn't in great shape, but I thought he performed superbly!

My club, CHASE, is hosting ASFA trials this weekend in Cartersville. We're going to do three days this weekend, and host an awards banquet on Saturday night. Hopefully we'll have a decent turnout, but we're up against a couple of other events. We'll see.

No comments: