Monday, October 23, 2006

This is broken

Good and bad from the SEGC trial this past weekend in Cartersville. Let's do the good first. Sweeney won FCh Greyhounds on Saturday pretty convincingly. I do love to watch that dog run. Takes my breath away every time. Everett finished second on Saturday out of 17 FCh Whippets and Lobo tied for NBQ but we forfeited. On Sunday, Lobo finished 2nd in his flight of 10 and Everett finished 3rd in his. So, not firsts, but Maurice and Deb brought some damn good competition! Congratulations to them for their sweep on Sunday (1st in Open, FCh A, FCh B, Vet and BIE). DebMar's Lilly took Best in Event.

Now for the bad news. Sweeney broke a P3 in finals Saturday. He's having it taken care of as I type. With any luck at all, he'll be mended and back on the field soon. After being cared for by the immensely talented Dr. Toby Carmichael, Sweeney was barely aware of any injury and was being his usual goofy self.

If you have any questions about what is going on, or you hear any rumors, please feel free to contact me personally and I'll be glad to give you more info than I'm sure you'd want!

On another topic, sportsmanship is important. Let's keep this in mind especially when we're disappointed in the scores our dogs get. I know that I've had my moments on the field and shown my ass, but I hope that I've been able to make amends for those moments and have been able to grow and learn. Anyway, please try to remember that what we do is fun and a judge's score can't injure your dog. What's most important are the two ends to the dog. If they're wagging their tail and grinning then it's all good. No matter what the judges say.

4 comments:

The Raven said...

Oh no....poor Sweeney...but I don't know what a P3 is...email if you don't want the world to see...I'd like to hear about the weekend.

annie@n0va.com <--that is a "zero" in n0va

Todd said...

P3 is the last bone in the toe, right before the nail.

I don't mind the world knowing, most everyone at the trial knew before the end of the day. But I want people to know *facts*, not speculation. :)

Daniel Gauss said...

Oh.. you must be talking about that guy in New York... you can't be talking about me..LOL..

So, does anybody collect all these P3's in one place? There's a lot of 'em out there.

Todd said...

Actually he lives a little further west...

I wanted it for a necklace! Or in a jar in the pantry! :)