Sunday, February 04, 2007

My day...

Installing a pressure regulator in my house... Got started today at about 12. Cutting out the section of pipe for the regulator was no problem. Getting the regulator in, not really a problem. Once it was in, problem. A little leak, not around where I had soldered the pipes, but around where the teflon tape was sealing the fitting into the regulator. Ah well, trip to Home Depot. Get more fittings and that liquid seal stuff. Back home, put new fittings in, go to solder pipes again, forget to empty water out of pipe. Oh, that was the last fitting to solder. Dammit. Have to cut one side of the regulator out and sweat the other side. Back to HD for pipe that I forgot the first trip. Back home, put a f-ing patch in instead of the damn regulator. I'm sure I've melted something in there and I really needed a shower. Small drip where the patch is. I'm done for the day though. It'll just have to leak. Next weekend, I'm sweating that whole length of pipe out from elbow to elbow and replacing the shut off valve. Reminder to self, disassemble shut off valve before soldering so that I don't melt the rubber gasket...

Fun day.

2 comments:

The Raven said...

Hmmmmm.....shades of my first weekend in this house!! I tried to snake out a drain and it punctured through the corroated pipe! Trying to find the correct size fitting for a 1900 house took 3 trips to HD, 2 to Menards and finally 2 to Jerry's to get it right.I feel your frustration!!!

As for my blog, I decided to NOT not use it, rather taylor it to my regular audience and leave myspace to bitch about the gym, or talk about my nights of binge drinking;) So, it will still be around:)

Daniel Gauss said...

Hell of a way to spend a Sunday... We were chasing jacks.