Saturday, August 11, 2007

Going to Cali

I would have really liked to have blogged this live, but for some reason I can't get on the network. Not sure if it's a problem with the network here of if it's a problem w/ the POS Microsoft Vista that is installed on this machine. I'm sitting in the Atlanta Airport (fun place that it is) waiting on my flight to San Jose. I got here and tried to connect and got the splash screen to connect to a wireless provider for $7.95 per day. Wasn't ready to connect right then cause I wanted to go to Starbucks real quick and get a Frappucino. Got back to the gate and opened the laptop back up to connect and while I can see the wireless network, I can't get a connection for some reason. Shut down Norton's (that usually does it) - no good. Tried to repair, tried to release, tried to renew, no good. I've given up! And I'm a network guy! I should be able to get a connection! I really figure it's Vista. Dammit.

Got to the airport 2 hours + before my flight was supposed to leave. Went to the kiosk to check in and my flight had been canceled. Canceled! I still don't know why. Regardless, I waited in line for a human bean to talk to about alternatives. Oh, btw, the computer had re-booked me on a flight tomorrow! That's not really going to do me a lot of good since I need to be at a field trial early in the morning! Anyway, got to the human and she clicked her keys and found a flight that leaves at 8:12 pm tonight. So I've been sitting here in the airport since before 3:00 today. Bored. Can't connect to the internet. At least I have my Ipod and a book. And solitaire and Mah Jong.

Talked to my grandfather for a little while. It has been over a month since I talked to him, so it was really good to re-connect with him. Things are going well for him. At 84 years old, he's still playing golf at least 2 days every week. Even in the heat we've been having (103 yesterday, 102 today) he's still going out and playing. Good for him! I hope I can do that when I'm his age. Of course, as much as I abuse my body, I'll probably be all broken down by then!

Update at 7:11 pm. My flight leaves in an hour. I just got connected to the portal so that I can get on the web. Eh, I'll be boarding in less than an hour so there's no way I'm spending the $7.95 for a connection. Ah well, I guess I didn't miss too much. Ipod is about fully charged, laptop is topped off and my cell phone is almost there. I'm going to shut down and head to the gate.

Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: