Wednesday, August 08, 2007

A while...

It's been a while since I posted anything. I've been more than a little busy at work, working a weekend job, painting the house and running around with kids and such. I'll get back to blogging more regularly soon.

I spent yesterday first off doing the brakes on the van. What should have taken a couple of hours max ended up taking the better part of six. One of the biggest time wasters was having to run back and forth to the parts store to get the correct size Torx wrench to remove the calipers. Sheesh, I thought I had a nice complete set of tools, but not so much. Anyway, I finally got done and cleaned up and started painting again. I've got most of the siding painting, only have the east side of the house left to finish. We still need to paint the trim, but the house is looking so much better already.

It's damn hot. Sunday was one of the hottest days I can remember. I was out cutting trees in Va-Hi and it had to be almost 100. Yesterday hit at least 98 here, probably going to be hotter today. I guess the next project after painting will be to replace the heating and air in the house. Good thing I'm working the extra weekends.

I'm headed to Hollister California this weekend for a judging assignment. I'm really looking forward to it, it's been a while since we've been coursing. Not taking any dogs, but it should be a good time. From what I hear, they really do it up right out there and focus on having fun. Can't wait!

I'll be back blogging next week. Try to stay cool!


Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: