Thursday, August 09, 2007

This n' That

Ah, the kids are back in school as of last Monday. I remember not going back to school until after Labor Day, but we didn't get a week off every six weeks or so...

Damn, it's hot. Yeah, we choose to live in Georgia where yeah, it does get sorta hot and humid during the summers. It's been a while since it's been this hot for an extended duration and this is the first time it's been this hot since we moved into this house. I gotta get this for the house soon.

Yes, my Achilles is healing quite nicely, thank you very much. I started running again on Monday and ran a couple of miles this morning and have done pretty well. I'm doing quite a bit more stretching before and icing the tendon after my runs.

HD rocks! We've had a pretty nice HD ready TV for about 4 years now and had put off getting HD until the prices came down a bit. We were sort of forced into going for this option by the failure of a circuit board that takes the standard def picture and processes it to show well on the widescreen 50 inch. The choices were to shell out big bucks for a new monitor, not quite so big bucks, but not small bucks for the board replacement or even smaller bucks to take out a tree in the line of the HD satellites and bargain with DirecTV for a deal on an HD DVR setup. Duh, no brainer. Especially since I do tree work and one of my best friends was willing to come down and climb for me for very little. So now we're enjoying the beauty of Hi-Def! It's certainly worth it!


Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: